Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Lazy Sunday Afternoon





Danny, Lyla and I spent the afternoon at Rainier Lake. Danny slalomed and jumped. It was a gorgeous day. A break from the overcast ones we've been having. Lyla and I played on a blanket in the shade. She really is changing. For the first time today she actually started interacting with her toys. Before now she has wanted nothing to do with them. If I put them infront of her she just looked away or got annoyed. Today she even grabbed at them and laughed.
Side note: Although Danny will laugh at me when I tell the story...Lyla said her first word to me today. She said "Hi" and not just in her murmur (which she often does) she said "Hi" after I lifted her up and said "Hi munchkin." I will swear by it. I promise I am not going nuts. Of course she hasn't done it since but she is on her way. We have a social butterfly on our hands. Even in the car when we are driving I have caught her chatting with herself.

No comments: