Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nursery Additions


Two new additions to the nursery! A chair we purchased at Macys and yes we realize it doesn't rock but have you seen the rockers out there...sooooo not my style. This will be cozy and a perfect place to sit down when we need to...read a book...snuggle...and when we don't need it in that room anymore it can travel to other rooms in our house perfectly. The other worry may be the cream color but we purchased a pretty secure protection plan so no worries. I do think we'll get a small ottaman to go with it...there are some great ones out there that convert to storage as well. The other new element is a little something I have been working on forever. For those of you that have been to our home these black (chalk board painted) blank canvas have been in our home since we moved in. I never knew what I wanted to draw on them. I am still not sure these fit with the room but for now they work. I drew flowers to mimic the ones in the fabric.
Basically this room is pretty complete we just wanted to share the final updates.

1 comment:

Stockstad said...

LOVE the additions to the nursery - it is beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person, and Claire can't wait to meet her new playmate!

PS - we rarely use the "rocking" part of our rocking chair - but you WILL love the cozy place to sit.