Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Here's hoping....

So yesterday I had my first scare...more of a 'over protective momma-to-be' panic then anything ... you see ... sometime during the day yesterday I started really swelling. Not a ton by comparison to others but a lot for me. That probably wouldn't have put up a red flag to me but my little girl wasn't really moving either. Now don't get me wrong she isn't much of a kicker to begin with but in these last few weeks as her quarters have gotten tighter and tighter I have felt every movement and I wasn't feeling much of anything. I called the doctor's office and a midwife luckily was still there just about to close up. She got me in thankfully and ran a stress test. The baby was fine! Super actually. The surprising news was while I was laying there I was also having contractions! Not big ones because of course I really didn't notice them that much. My contractions right now feel more like menstral cramps, sometimes they pinch a little or often I feel pressure in my back but they aren't life altering (not yet anyway). The news that was hard to ignore was when she said that I might be having this baby by the weekend. Now I am trying not to get to excited but of course they can't exactly predict the future or how quickly I will progress...these little contractions could go on for weeks but here's hoping...I mean wouldn't that be amazing!

UPDATE: Went for schedule appointment this morning...it is official...dilated 2cm! It is really anyone's guess still when this little girl is going to grace us with her presense but they are thinking it will be in the next few days! :)

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Awesome! I wish you all the luck!