Friday, May 29, 2009

Lyla Nouvelle Savage


Our little Lyla Nouvelle Savage was born Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 10:58am. She weighed 8lbs, 6 ozs and measured 19inches long. Labor began early Wednesday morning when my water broke around 3am. We were laying in bed, my contractions had been on and off all day but as previous days before nothing to serious. I was up watching a movie...between the contractions and her moving around I couldn't sleep. All it took was one strong one for me to feel the sudden urge to get up and as soon as I did a ton of fluid came flowing from my body. Of course from there we called pearl place, got a hold of the midwife on call and started heading towards the hospital. It didn't take long after my water broke for the contractions to start coming on full force. My contractions oddly enough for being so inconsistent in the beginning came full force and quickly. It didn't take long for me to request a epidural which saved me from what I believe would have been a c-section. My contractions were coming on every 30-45 seconds with very little break...sometimes no break at all. If I had any doubt about epidurals before I retract it. It was a life saver. Unfortunately we weren't in the clear. By the time I was ready to push and dialated to 10 Lyla got wedged in my pelvis. After quite a while of pushing and several different positions they called in the doctor. She felt strongly that she could get her out with a little force and suggested using a vaccum. Because I was so close she felt it was the best option. Sadly it still didn't happen right away. After several more attempts and pulling, Lyla got down low enough that they were able to cut a larger opening to get her head out. I don't think the experience was great for either of us but she made it out. Safe. Beautiful. And soooo wonderful! I did end up with a fourth degree tear and Lyla has a rather large bruise on her head (doctor said it resembles a 1st degree burn). We are both on the mend but healing faster and better then to be expected.

Now I know being the parents of this wonderful little girl our views are a little slanted but even the nursing staff was talking about how gorgeous she is...they would come from different floors to take a look. Soooo CUTE!!! She has fabulous skin already. Dark brown hair (not a ton of it but some). HUGE eyes. They look brown right now but every once in a while there seems to be a tint of blue. Of course as they develop we'll have a better idea. She has the longest fingers and cutest little toes. Baby feet and hands I have to say are my favorite. Either way the prettiest girl ever!

We are home now. They released us the following day. All three of us are a little exhausted but doing great! Thank you to everyone for all the warm wishes. We will do our best in the next few weeks to get lots of pictures up.





No comments: