Sunday, November 8, 2009

Celebrity Waiters Luncheon


This is my third year being involved with Celebrity Waiters, a charity event (Luncheon) for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I hosted a table with Jordan Snyder and Jennifer Robbins. It was a huge success. Of course being a little bias I think our table was the best. The overall theme for the event was the "Silver Screen" co-insiding with the silver anniversary for the event. We choose the movie Gentleman Prefer Blondes as our theme so of course many blonde wigs had to be scouted if we were going to pull off being Marilyn (Three Marilyns actually). It was a lot of fun. Lots of pink, glitter and jewels. And I think our guests had a great time. There were many fun themes through out the place; Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Animal House, and Caddy Shack to name a few. We are still waiting for the final amount raised but I think it was more then they expected. Thank you to everyone for attending...maybe next year I'll be adventureous enough to host my own table...yikes...we'll see...I so love being a part of this table.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did an AMAZING job, I already emailed Beth to let her know that you will be hosting your own table next year. So excited for you

Priska said...

Thank you Marilyn-s for your excellent service and hospitality. What a fabulous event to participate in. Great job!!!