Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another Great Cause



Yesterday I attended the 2nd annual "Surviving with Style" Fashion Show & Luncheon to benefit Gilda's Club. I felt honored to be sitting at Jill Kenly's table. For those of you who don't know Jill she is an amazing woman who volunteers so much of her time to so many different organizations. When she says you need to be some where you should listen. And when she told me I needed to be at this event I listened and I am glad I did. Gilda's Club provides meeting places for men, women and children living with cancer as well as for their families and friends. They offer support and networking groups, lectures, workshops and are completely free of charge. It is a great organization and the people that shared their stories with us yesterday were amazing. It was very inspiring especially as we go into the holiday season and start really thinking about what we are thankful for. If you have any extra fund this year think about giving to Gilda's Club. They are working very hard to open a location in Tacoma. Currently the closest one is in Seattle. Pictured (top) Jordan and I - we were each others dates (below that) Jill, Marnie and Jordan. (very bottom) Overall shot of the event.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great pics and post! can I use some pics for a blog post too? xoxo

The Savvys said...

Of course! Steal away :) XOXO