Sunday, September 20, 2009

PMG Boat Trip 2009 & First Parental Mishap






Tim Reding of Reding Construction, a client of ours at premier media group, each year graciously takes our team out on the puget sound. This is the fourth year I've gone. We motor around and then stop somewhere for lunch. This year our lunch stop was tides tavern. It is always a ton of fun and a perfect way to end the week and spend a friday afternoon. This day was also our first parental miscommunciation. I didn't relay to Danny that I was going to be picking up Lyla late from Chelly's (our daycare Monday, Wednesday, Friday). She called me because she was checking to see which formula I used and since I was out of touch she called Danny. He paniced that something had happened to me since I didn't pick Lyla up on time (not knowing that I had already made arrangements with Chelly) and the whole thing exploded. He drove into town to pick Lyla up. He was frantic something had happened to me. Of course nothing had. I felt awful. I didn't think to tell him because I was going to be picking her up way before he came home. Lesson definitely learned. Always carry cell phone and always give husband play by play when it has do with your child. Thankfully the evening ended well and we spent a quiet evening at home with carry out from Fujiya our favorite sushi restaurant.

1 comment:

Priska said...

Life lessons are never ending...thank goodness for happy endings :) Love mom & grandma