Thursday, January 28, 2010

And Baby Makes Three

I have been dying to read this book, "And Baby Makes Three" by John Gottman and Julie Schwartz Gottman. I am not sure when I first heard about it or who told me but when I did I knew it was something I should read. I have been reading all sorts of books about Lyla. What to expect when I was expecting, what to expect after and everything in between but I hadn't really thought about Danny and I. Relationships are hard enough without putting a baby between the two of you. Thankfully Danny and I have been doing pretty well but we definitely have our days and this is definitely a reminder that we could be doing better. Once becoming a mom the last thing I thought about was being a wife. I mean Lyla's needs come first. She isn't a phone call or email to be ignored or a appointment to be rescheduled. She needs constant care. Before having her I use to say "We have to make time for us... We have to make dates..." but all that seemed to go out the window when she finally got here. I mean she is wonderful. I don't want to ever leave her. I don't think either of us do. Never the less after adding this book to my christmas wishlist this year I finally got it from my parents and was finally able to dive in yesterday when I was home sick. I am only at the beginning and I have a feeling most of the stuff I am going to read I already know but I think it is going to be a good reminder. Definitely something to think about.

1 comment:

Priska said...

I hope you enjoy all the adventures being a family has to offer. Love&God's blessings always, Mom