Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lyla's First Christmas Dress

I grew up in a family where all holidays deserved a special outfit and that tradition has stuck with me my whole life. What was most special were these outfits were usually made by my mother (a extremely talented and gifted seamstress). This Christmas the tradition is carring on. My mom (Grandma Stajgr now to my daughter) has made a gorgeous dress for Lyla to wear on christmas day. Here is a sneak peek. The material is raw silk, the white is left over from my wedding dress that my mom made for me just two years ago so there is some extra special significance. The flower I purchased at H&M just a couple months ago. It really is gorgeous! Lyla may not appreciate how special this is quite yet but I do. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful mother.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is going to look beautiful! your mom is so talented . can't wait to see pictures of Lyla