Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bringing in the New Year

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the actual day but it a Savage tradition to have a Japanese feast on New Years Day. For those of you that don't know Danny is part Japanese. I know he doesn't look it but it is pretty apparent when you see his Grandma who is under 5 ft and hardly speaks any english. She is Gigi to all the grand children and quite an inspiration as she is rarely home and can often be found out late partying with all of her japanese friends. A few days before New Years which are where these pics are taken we all take a trip to Uwajimaya in Seattle and load our carts full of yummy goodness. I didn't grow up eating very many asian foods but I have been emersed since marrying Danny and I love it. And as you can imagine we all roll out of Gigi's house new years day but enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: