Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This weekend Danny and I along with our dear friends Katie and Damien headed to Ridgefield to stay at my grandparents houseboat (just the four of us, Lyla spent the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa). This has become an annual tradition. It usually falls on our anniversary but this year we were at Detroit Lake so we decided on the following weekend. The weather didn't exactly cooperate for us this year but we still had a blast. We sunbathed (when the sun came out), fished, roast hot dogs on a fire we made on the beach, played games, went out to pizza...I even read a whole book...needless to say a perfect weekend. Just like any trip we all wished we could have stayed longer. A special thanks to my Grandparents for sharing their home away from home. Very special memories have been had there from when I was a child until now. Love you both!  

No comments: