Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Potty and a Couple Good Read

Last night Danny, Lyla and I headed out to do a little shopping for Mexico as well as pick up a potty for Lyla. You see although Lyla is still a little young she has taken a sudden interest in bathroom activities. Every time Danny or I are using the toilet she has to be right there and often she has to sit on our laps. I know TMI but it is true. She is also saying the words potty and pee...needless to say we've attempted several times when she says this to sit her down and let her try...so far she likes the idea but not sitting on a huge hole itself so we got her a smaller one. She hasn't gone pee in this new potty quite yet (only on the bath mat right next to it) but we are hoping the day is going to come soon!

We also bought two books for our trip. Now many of you know us pretty well but some of you might not... Basically Danny and I love junk (oddly enough I think it is something that actually brings us together). And I have to say nothing against the writers of these particular books but I know most of you are laughing right now. Danny is obsessed with Howard Stern and which is where this book, "They Call Me Baba Booey", came from (Baba Booey works for Howard) and I am obsessed with trash tv (shows such as The Hills and Jersey Shore). And it gets worse, "Sugar and Spice" is actually the third book in a series, I've already devoured the first two and I LOVED them all. Needless to say these are our choices for Mexico. I am not sure Danny's is going to make it to then, when I left this morning for work he was in bed reading already (a rare sight).

No comments: