Thursday, October 21, 2010

Almost a world traveler

Lyla got her passport tonight! I have to say GO government on this one. I can't even tell you fast this came back...I think we went in maybe two weeks ago...maybe! It is crazy how quick and of course we are SUPER thankful! My experience getting my passport was not as positive. I actually got flagged by someone high up and ended up having to give uncle sam my entire life history. And when I say entire life history I MEAN IT! They wanted it ALL....Every job, manager name, contact and date...Every address and date of every place I had ever live...they even wanted a published material with my name it. Thank goodness I worked at the magazine at the time and my name was on the masthead. Needless to say this was definitely one of my biggiest worries for Mexico since we did it so last minute and I thought Lyla might be flagged as well by association to her mother. Yeah for one more thing checked off the list!

4 comments:

McKenzi said...

Anthony got flagged too! We went in and asked why and she said they generally will flag a male with a female name. His middle name is Dawn, spelled just like that. Back when his grandfather was born the spelling Don wasn't around yet. We thought it was because he was Mexican. LOL...

The Savvys said...

That is hilarious! The only thing I could think of is because my last name is so crazy but my parents both have passports and they didn't have a problem at all. Maybe it is random or just me (and Anthony) :)

Sonja said...

This is the most adorable thing ever, her cute little face on a USA passport, ready to travel the World!

Priska said...

Prayers for a fun and safe trip out in this great big world. Love grandma&grandpa xoxoxo!