Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Blackberry Pie

So as I mentioned in my early posts from the weekend we did some serious berry picking this weekend. It is the season for blackberries and Skiview was overflowing. I got so many I was able to make two pies last night and I have to say (eventhough we had to wait up a little late to eat it) they were DELICIOUS!!! Maybe not as good as my mom makes but pretty good. I have to confess I bought the crust. A true baker would have it made it themselves but then they wouldn't have looked this pretty. I still think I have some learning to go the pie was pretty messy when we cut in to it but who cares when it is steaming hot and you have a big scoop of vaniella ice cream next to it. YUM!

2 comments:

Priska said...

mmmmmmm--mmm yum, says one baker to another :)

Katie Chevalier said...

I can confirm and say it was amazingly delicious!!! Thanks for sharing some with us! xoxo