Monday, July 16, 2012

Mint Lake Open

This weekend we headed south to my old home turf, Mint Lake. It is always the highlight of the ski season for me and this weekend didn't disappoint. The weather didn't turn out to be quite as hot as the forecast perdicted but it was still nice (and no rain which was HUGE bonus). As you will see from the pics not the entire weekend was perfect. Among all the great jumps Danny had there was one nasty one and he is paying the price. Quite a bruised butt but it didn't stop him from skiing the rest of the weekend. Lyla even tried skiing well not really ski more like saying she wanted to and backing out last minute but we did get her half way into the water. Another day I hope. Later when I asked her why she was scared she said because of the sharks. I don't know what is with water and sharks but I remember being young and swearing I saw one. Obviously, at least in these lakes, there is no way for that to happen. Thankfully she still went swimming with Mommy, Dadding and Grandma which was a lot of fun. Over all a wonderful weekend.

No comments: