Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Big Tumble

Yesterday I had the scare of my life when Lyla came tumbling down our stairs. By some miracle she came out with out a scratch, broken bone or bruise. She was scared and trembling for a bit but so was I. I can't begin to express how thankful I am that she is okay. Honestly I feel like the worst mom on the plant for not preventing the fall. I think it is time to start locking the stairs once again. We have a gate on the top but haven't used the one at the bottom for some time (mostly because it never fit well and could just be pushed over). Oh what a day! I couldn't stop looking at her all night. Barely slept. I wish I could protect her always.

1 comment:

Sara W. said...

Worst noise ever... I'm so happy she's okay. You sure have a trooper there, Heather!