Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Meeting

Danny and I met the summer of '03 at Rainier Lake's Annual Luau. I was invited up to the tournament by the Bachmeier family. I didn't know at the time but I was about to be set up. Luckily for me Danny wasn't all that bad looking so when I was drug over by young Mackenzie Bachmeier to meet him I wasn't mortified. It is a good thing first impressions aren't everything because Danny didn't leave a good one. I embarrassingly said "Hello, I guess we are suppose to meet. I'm Heather." Danny however barely looked at me and said "Oh, Hi," and then left.

Later on in the weekend after a long day of competing he finally warmed up. Of course the liquid courage might have helped a bit because by the end of the night Danny took me aside and asked for my phone number and proceeded to tell me how HOT he thought I was. For those of you that don't know Danny all that well let's just say when he has a few he isn't exactly shy or quiet. Knowing that he was intoxicated I didn't really have high hopes for the situation. But I gave him my phone number thinking to myself that there is no way this is going anywhere. The next night after I left the tournament Danny called to make sure I made it home safe and asked if he could take me out.

Now after a weekend like that I wasn't exactly impressed but I decided to give him a chance. After all it's slim pickings for us ladies in Womens 1. So I came up to Tacoma and Danny took me out for a real date. What won me over wasn't the date itself but how Danny treated me. It is hard to describe the evening but I will never forget it. Danny was so nervous he could barely sit still. There was something about that evening that got me. Something that I had never really experienced. It was at that moment I knew how much he cared.

We have had our ups and down since then but we truely care about each other. Everyday we have to work at it but the important part is we both want to. I am putting this blog together because this is our history. Something I would like to be able to share with those I care about.

No comments: